Friday, August 24, 2007

Clear Channel Silencing Free Speech in San Diego

Rumors have been flying about San Diego's Air America station, 1360 KLSD, home to The Stacy Taylor Show and all of that liberal /progressive talk in a region of 3 million people and no liberal media save this one. Here's a link to an action page of sorts for info and things to do.

Clear Channel seems to be intent on shutting down Air America and all that liberal talk in San Diego, and many people are determined to stop them. Do what you can, contact their sponsors and nicely encourage them to put pressure on what is really a bad business decision to alienate one third of the San Diego market.

3 million people, 1/3 Dem, Indy, repub, that's a million potential customers with no radio station to listen to. Is that good business sense?

4 comments:

AlanF said...

Thanks for writing about this. I also posted diaries on Daily Kos and Calitics on Saturday and today in order to get some attention to the rally. Jon Elliott and his chief researcher Kate Reifers were nice enough to let me interview them.

The Daily Kos diaries are here:

my diaries:
Jon Elliott Wants You to Save KLSD
Rally Monday - Save KLSD - San Diego Progressive Talk Radio

and the two written by other people:
Action Time Save KLSD San Diego -Thank You (Blog Slut)
Saveklsd.com - Why We Fight (mondaymedia)

Were you able to make it to the rally itself? Hope you can share your observations with us!

Duckman GR said...

Unfortunately not exactly. It took me a lot longer driving down from El Cajon, so I drove by and saw the crowd, but I had to go to work, so I just did the drive by and saw a goodly number of people so I felt it was not the turnout disaster I feared would kill the cause.

I was late to work, but I have to tell you that I was pissed off that I could not mingle, and strategize.

Duckman GR said...

Kate is really nice. I bought a book from her Mom's store, That Technical Book Store, some guy came in looking for a truck drivers test book, she found it for him, then drove him back to where he had left his car and gave him a jump for his dead battery. I kid you not.

AlanF said...

Kate was very nice to me as well.